ANYTHING sweet potatoes ROCKS my world … but a SWEET POTATO BURGER?? I am SO into that!!! Be sure to top your burger heaven with a really good guacamole!!
These do take a bit of time to prepare … but are definitely WORTH it!!!
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal+3 tablespoons water (or 1 egg)
1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato (from 1 large or 2 smaller sweet potatoes)
½ cup cooked quinoa
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
chopped green onion
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon oregano
⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Mix together your flaxseed meal and water and set it aside until it gels.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Use a potato masher or the back of a large spoon to mash the beans, leaving a few in tact for texture.
- In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium high heat.
- Form the sweet potato mixture into 6 patties.
- When the skillet is hot enough to sizzle, add the patties, in batches if necessary. Cook on one side until a crispy exterior is formed, about 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully flip each patty and cook an additional 5 minutes on the second side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like guacamole. Enjoy!