PEANUT BUTTER? Yes please!!
If you know me at all .. you know I’m all about the peanut butter! So when I came across this recipe, it HAD to be made … like immediately!
A few things that I LOVE about this recipe … beyond the peanut butter though …
- There’s no flour! I’m on a NO-GRAIN kick right now … so I was SO excited about that! Flour is replaced with healthy chick peas instead 🙂
- It’s just a DUMP & BAKE!! Sooooo simple to whip up!! Just dump all the ingredients in the processor … whiz it up for a minute .. then pour in the pan and bake. Took me less than 2 minutes!
- They truly are DELICIOUS. Not a cheat at all!
And it DID NOT disappoint! They came out exactly as I had wanted … sinful & delicious!! But guilt free at the same time!
Can that be? Yup … it can! Make them yourself and you’ll see.
Secretly healthy blondies made with chickpeas, peanut butter, and chocolate. Taste amazingly like peanut butter cookies! But they’re flourless and no butter!
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you’re not vegan)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, I like to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar but it’s up to you.
Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. (The batter may stick to your spatula, so I like to spray my spatula with nonstick cooking spray first.) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies.
- You can make this recipe VEGAN by omitting the egg … and they still turn out amazing!
- You can use your favorite nut butter, just make sure it’s all natural.
- Feel free to add in other things according to your dietary needs like nuts, dried fruit, or other types of chocolate.