YES! I DID just whip up a batch of muffins … combining 2 kinds of chocolate, coconut AND zucchini! AND … I added in some applesauce too! Want to know how they turned out? SPECTACULAR!!!
Created by RoLittle on March 30, 2017
Yup … TOTALLY fooled the kids with these ones! Healthier ingredients .. but put them all together and it’s SO MUCH YUM!!! Related
- Prep Time: 10h
- Cook Time: 15h
- Total Time: 30h
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium) - peeled to hide from kids!
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup regular or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line 12 regular muffin cups .. or 24 mini muffin cups
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel. Do NOT skip this step or your muffins will be watery. I opt to peel the zucchini to hide the green from the kids. But you could leave the peel on too.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt .. then set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, egg and egg white. Mix until smooth and well combined. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and milk ... and mix again. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared pans. Bake 15 minutes for mini muffins, or 22-25 minutes for regular muffins ... until a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. After 5 minutes, remove muffins and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!